Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Glass Ceiling Shattered!

As the three uncles kept their eyes on one another in the contest to win the coveted Spike's Favorite Uncle title, a challenger swooped in out of nowhere! Aunt Ann arrived in Raleigh less than two hours after Spike got home. No question now about who his favorite uncle is, even if she's an aunt!


Spike's dramatic improvement in function continues as he now walks on his own, uses both hands and talks constantly (welcome back Spike). He is happy, healthy and charming. So, of course, I immediately started him on his physical therapy exercises.

Reach for the sky, pardner!


If he can raise both arms, I don't see any problem with taking him off of disability and putting him back to work.

Put that appliance over here, buddy.


He held up to the eight hour drive better than his parents today. He played with his iPad, commented on the scenery, asked for some rock 'n roll and just kept chattering away. He never complained, whined or asked for anything. I know what you're thinking, maybe all kids should have brain surgery if that's the result!

I head to New York tomorrow for two days of business meetings. That time away from him is going to be very tough. It will get even harder as I resume my normal work schedule next week. The past few weeks have been very difficult in so many ways but at least I got to spend every minute of them with Spike.

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least next week is Thanksgiving, so a shorter work week for you to taper back into it.

    Great news! I guess my 24s will stop at 144

    Bruce Woods

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that comes to my mind when I read the last 3 posts is Paul's prayer for the Church at Ephesus - as I beleive God has done for Spike more than could have ever been "asked or imagined" and will continue to do so as the healing is completed! Enjoy the blessings you have received!!

    Ephesians 3:14-21
    For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom His whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of His glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

    Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

    ReplyDelete